Reading Response to Hampe Documentary
I thought that this reading was a good way for me to get into this project. It really told me a lot about what are good and bad ways to interview people. It also really got me to think about thinking about all the little details before starting my interview. About purposeful shooting and what I need to do before I get into the process of shooting and talking with the interviewees. Also about how to shoot with the intention of a final product. I really think that I do this, but I don’t usually think about all the little details with this process. I also liked the last part with the two most important questions that should be asked to the interviewee at the end of the interview. I thought that this reading was a really purposeful piece.
Movie “Soldier’s Pay”
I thought it was a very interesting film and the content of the material was good, but that some of the shots were unnecessary. I thought some of the changes in the video were bad and the angles were inappropriate for the video. I thought that one of the interviewee’s shots were varied while the other soldier was very much the same in all of his shots. I thought that there could have been more consistency. I also thought that some parts of the film had very different audio in the different shots. I felt that there could have been more consistency in the film for the audio. I felt that there was such variations in everything that it wasn’t as smooth as it could have been, but maybe this was the intention of the filmmaker.
Brainstorming:
Chad - Delivery, following delivery people and seeing who they meet and what they experience. More well known buildings, beckman institute, memorial stadium, and finding a professor or people that know it and getting at the bottom of what it is all about.
Hatim - Rare book library
Kate - Dance performer and musician, how he got into music and originally wanted to ask him about autism. How to represent autism on film. Use autism as a characteristic of him, not who he is. Video as a representation of him, not a video about autism.
Shera - Radio, but turned to Midwest landscape, visual representation of the midwest.
James - White people who think they are really hot, but are not. Chiropractor and how some people think it’s a junk science, what is it about.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment